This is a 10-12 week course for pre-school children from 18 months, on Fridays 9.45–10.30, 10.45-11.30 and 1.45 to 2.30.
It is an opportunity for children and their parents/carers to have fun, get creative and enjoy messy play. On this course we teach cutting, threading, constructing with paper, clay modelling, painting, puppetry and printing.
All the art sessions are planned around children’s stories and involve movement and singing, as well as art, engaging both children and adults. It’s a great source of craft ideas for kids.
Our teachers are experienced in early years settings and children with additional needs. This course helps with child development in the following ways:
- Builds confidence and self esteem
- Focuses attention
- Develops listening, fine and gross motor skills
- Develops the imagination
- Provides structured learning in a creative context
- Develops a sense of collaboration, sharing and social skills.
- Is great for adults’ creativity too!