We have reopened for all classes, birthday parties and other events.
In line with Government guidance, we are implementing COVID protective measures.
We can also offer zoom tuition, classes and workshops for all ages.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange a class that is not currently showing on our website.
COVID-19 Protective Measures
In line with Government Guidance for Out of School Settings and Guidance for the recent easing of restrictions we have updated our COVID Risk Assessment and will continue to keep this under review to ensure we are implementing appropriate Protective Measures.
There are things that we are doing and there are some things that we need you to do;
What we need you to do:
· Symptoms If you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms including vomiting or diarrhea, please do not come to Kite Studios. If anyone visits Kite Studios and within two days subsequently tests positive for COVID-19, please contact us and let us know as soon as possible so that we can support Track and Trace.
· Quick in, quick out! Please be prompt for class and to collect students at the end of classes. Please drop and collect children in the covered tunnel where their teacher will be waiting. We want to minimise the number of people within the studios and therefore ask that parents/siblings please avoid coming into the courtyard or studios but wait in the tunnel. There should be no need to ring the bell as your teacher will be waiting.
· Clean hands All students and visitors are asked to wash/sanitise their hands on arrival. There is a hand sanitiser by the main entrance and one in each studio area.
· Face coverings To help keep everyone safe we are asking that everyone 11+ years wears a face covering in common areas (reception and courtyard) please. Please bring your own face covering (or provide one for your child) if you/they wish to wear one during class.
· More space Please maintain physical distancing throughout the studios – 2m spots and one-way flow are marked and we ask everyone to maintain 2m distance wherever possible.
· Coats and bags Please limit what is brought into the studios from the outside world; there will be a box for coats. Please leave large bags at home. Please bring a water bottle but no snacks please.
· Aprons Please bring your own apron to protect your clothes.
· Keep warm We are keeping the studios well ventilated so if your child is likely to feel cold, please send them in with an extra layer.
What we are doing:
· Smaller groups and reduced timetable We are operating smaller class sizes to help maintain social distancing within the studios. We are leaving gaps between workshops to minimise mixing and allow for cleaning and ventilation.
· Increased cleaning We have increased our cleaning routines for key contact points, common areas and equipment and we are asking all teachers, visitors and students to sanitise their hands on arrival and regularly throughout the day
· Increased ventilation We are keeping the studios well ventilated during and between classes.
· Contactless We are operating contactless purchases
· Face coverings Our staff will be wearing visors or face coverings in common areas where social distancing is not possible.
· Equipment packs We have tools and materials for each student to avoid sharing of tools
· Reminders Teachers will remind students of the key safety measures at each class
· Track and Trace There is a Kite Studios QR code displayed at the front entrance and we encourage all visitors to download the NHS Test and Trace App and do venue check-in to help limit the spread of the virus. In any case we are logging and retaining details of all customers and visitors for at least 21 days to support NHS Track and Trace.
· Staff lateral flow testing In line with Government guidance, asymptomatic testing remains voluntary but we are strongly encouraging our teachers to undertake regular later flow tests
All Kite bookings are non-refundable (please click here to read our terms and conditions).
To help keep everyone safe during COVID-19, we have reduced our timetable and reduced class sizes. We are working hard to sustain our artistic and creative community, but like all small independent organisations we are finding it challenging to cover our overheads.
If we have to cancel a class or course due to COVID or any for any other reason, we will provide a full refund for cancelled sessions.
We do understand that students may have to miss sessions due to self-isolating or quarantining. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds or credits but you can transfer your place to another child.
We can offer
- to provide a class outline and images of work for missed sessions
- where possible, we can offer zoom dial-in (e.g. for art classes in the main studio) so that students can participate at home
- our teachers can provide feedback on any work completed at home at the next session
We also understand that some families are very financially stretched at this time and would like to remind you that we have a Sponsorship Fund that can fund places for children from low income families. If you would like to apply for support from our Sponsorship Fund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of you have supported our Sponsorship Fund in the past and we are very grateful. You are helping us to promote inclusion through art. If you would like to make a donation, please click here