5th November Update: Unfortunately due to Lockdown 2 restrictions we are only able to run classes in the studio for our home educated group. All other studio classes and workshops are postponed until after the current lockdown. We are offering full refunds. You can also use your payment as credit if you want to secure your place for the Spring term. We are still open for zoom bookings – one-to-one tuition, small groups and parties. We are also planning holiday workshops in late December / early January.
16th October Update:
We have updated our COVID risk assessment today in light of new restrictions in London as the city moves to Tier 2 High Risk Status.
In line with the latest guidance, our reduced timetable and smaller class sizes can continue as planned and we are taking bookings for October Half Term workshops and the second half of Autumn term.
We are continuing with all our existing COVID protocols: increased cleaning, hand-washing and social distancing. Our team will continue wearing face coverings. Anyone 11+years old visiting Kite Studios is asked to wear a face covering in indoor common areas where social distancing is difficult to maintain i.e. our Reception Area.
As a precautionary measure, we are suspending kids party bookings for the time being. This is due to the greater risk of transmission as parents from different households are more likely to gather at these events. In the meantime, we are pleased to offer online workshops and party options.
There are some things that we are doing and some things that we need you to do;
What we need you to do:
· Symptoms If you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms including vomiting or diarrhea, please do not come to Kite Studios. When arriving for class, we will ask you to confirm that neither you, nor your child nor anyone in your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms. If you have a confirmed COVID-19 case in your household and anyone in your household recently visited Kite Studios, please contact us and let us know as soon as possible.
· Quick in, quick out! Please be prompt for class and to collect students at the end of classes. Please drop and collect children in the covered tunnel where their teacher will be waiting. We want to minimise the number of people within the studios and therefore ask that parents/siblings please avoid coming into the courtyard or studios but wait in the tunnel. There should be no need to ring the bell as your teacher will be waiting.
· Clean hands All students and visitors are asked to wash/sanitise their hands on arrival. There is a hand sanitiser by the main entrance and one in each area.
· Face coverings To help keep everyone safe we are asking that everyone 11+ years wears a face covering in common areas (reception and courtyard) please. Please bring your own face covering (or provide one for your child) if you/they wish to wear one during class.
· More space Please maintain physical distancing throughout the studios – 2m spots and one-way flow are marked and we ask everyone to maintain 2m distance wherever possible. We have set up workstations that are 2m apart and our teachers will help students to limit their movements around the studios during classes.
· Coats and bags Please limit what is brought into the studios from the outside world; there will be a box for coats. Please leave large bags at home. Please bring a water bottle but no snacks please.
· Aprons Please bring your own apron to protect your clothes.
What we are doing:
· Smaller groups We are operating smaller class sizes to help maintain social distancing within the studios
· Increased cleaning We have increased our cleaning routines for key contact points, common areas and equipment and we are asking all teachers, visitors and students to sanitise their hands on arrival and regularly throughout the day
· Contactless We are operating contactless purchases
· Face coverings Our staff will be wearing visors or face coverings
· Equipment packs We have equipment packs for each student to avoid sharing of tools
· Reminders Teachers will remind students of the key safety measures at each class
· Track and Trace There is a Kite Studios QR code displayed at the front entrance and we encourage all visitors to download the NHS Test and Trace App and do venue check-in to help limit the spread of the virus. In any case we are logging and retaining details of all customers and visitors for at least 21 days to support NHS Track and Trace.
All Kite bookings are non-refundable (please click here to read our terms and conditions).
To help keep everyone safe during COVID-19, we have reduced our timetable and reduced class sizes. We are working hard to sustain our artistic and creative community, but like all small independent organisations we are finding it challenging to cover our overheads.
If we have to cancel a class or course due to COVID or any for any other reason, we will provide a full refund for cancelled sessions.
We do understand that students may have to miss sessions due to self-isolating or quarantining. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds or credits.
We can offer
- to provide a class outline and images of work for missed sessions
- where possible, we can offer zoom dial-in (e.g. for art classes in the main studio) so that students can participate at home
- our teachers can provide feedback on any work completed at home at the next session
We also understand that some families are very financially stretched at this time and would like to remind you that we have a Sponsorship Fund that can fund places for children from low income families. If you would like to apply for support from our Sponsorship Fund, please contact us at email@example.com
Many of you have supported our Sponsorship Fund in the past and we are very grateful. You are helping us to promote inclusion through art. If you would like to make a donation, please click here